Copyright © 2015 by Andrei Soldatov and Irina Borogan.
Hachette Book Group supports the right to free expression and the value of copyright. The purpose of copyright is to encourage writers and artists to produce the creative works that enrich our culture.
The scanning, uploading, and distribution of this book without permission is a theft of the author’s intellectual property. If you would like permission to use material from the book (other than for review purposes), please contact email@example.com. Thank you for your support of the author’s rights.
Hachette Book Group
1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104
Originally published in hardcover and ebook in September 2015
First Edition: August 2017 First Trade Paperback Edition
Published by PublicAffairs, an imprint of Perseus Books, LLC, a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group, Inc.
Print book interior design by Cynthia Young
Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
The red web : the struggle between Russia’s digital dictators and the new online revolutionaries / Andrei Soldatov and Irina Borogan. —First Edition.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
ISBN 978-1-61039-57-3-1 (hardcover)—ISBN 978-1-61039-574-8 (electronic)
1. Internet—Political aspects—Russia (Federation) 2. Information society—Political aspects—Russia (Federation) 3. Internet—Access control—Russia (Federation) 4. Electronic surveillance—Russia (Federation) 5. Freedom of information—Russia (Federation) 6. Russia (Federation)—Politics and government—1991–I. Borogan, I. (Irina) II. Title.
ISBNs: 978-1-61039-573-1 (hardcover), 978-1-61039-574-8 (electronic),
- GPL Copyright Notice
- Appendix C. Copyright Information
- On the Reports of Copyright’s Demise
- 4. MODIFICATIONS
- How to use this License for your documents
- 1. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION
- 2. How to Apply These Terms to Your New Programs
- Example rc.test-iptables script
- 7.2. Описание сценария rc.firewall