Machine learning is the automation of discovery-the scientific method on steroids-that enables intelligent robots and computers to program themselves. No field of science today is more important yet more shrouded in mystery. Pedro Domingos, one of the field’s leading lights, lifts the veil for the first time to give us a peek inside the learning machines that power Google, Amazon, and your smartphone. He charts a course through machine learning’s five major schools of thought, showing how they turn ideas from neuroscience, evolution, psychology, physics, and statistics into algorithms ready to serve you. Step by step, he assembles a blueprint for the future universal learner-the Master Algorithm-and discusses what it means for you, and for the future of business, science, and society.
If data-ism is today’s rising philosophy, this book will be its bible. The quest for universal learning is one of the most significant, fascinating, and revolutionary intellectual developments of all time. A groundbreaking book, The Master Algorithm is the essential guide for anyone and everyone wanting to understand not just how the revolution will happen, but how to be at its forefront.
- The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World
- Forced writes - палка о двух концах
- Forced Writes
- 4.4.4 The Dispatcher
- Open Source Insight and Discussion
- About the author
- How to read
- Chapter 7. The state machine
- Chapter 9. How a rule is built
- Chapter 12. Debugging your scripts
- Chapter 15. Graphical User Interfaces for Iptables
- Appendix B. Common problems and questions