Editing Printer Settings
Editing Printer Settings
You also use the
system-config-printer tool to edit the newly defined printers. To edit the printer settings, highlight the printer's listing in the printer browser window. You can then select specific settings related to that printer by using the tabs that appear in the right side of the dialog box. The Printer Options dialog, part of the printer settings, is shown in Figure 8.7.
FIGURE 8.7 Edit a printer's settings by using tabs in
The first tab in this dialog enables you to assign a new description for the printer. In this example, the printer has the description OfficeJet Pro K5400. Other tabs in this dialog enable you to change the queue type or queue options (such as whether to print a banner page or set the image area of a page), to select or update the driver, or to set print job options (shown in Figure 8.8).
FIGURE 8.8 Configure how
system-config-printer handles print jobs that are submitted to it using the Job Options tab.
When you make changes, make sure to click the Apply button in the bottom right-hand corner of
system-config-printer in order to restart CUPS and for the changes to take effect. Click Quit from the Action menu when you're finished.
Related Fedora and Linux Commands
The following commands help you manage printing services:
accept — Controls print job access to the CUPS server via the command line
cancel — Cancels a print job from the command line
cancel — Command-line control of print queues
disable — Controls printing from the command line
enable — Command-line control CUPS printers
lp — Command-line control of printers and print service
lpc — Displays status of printers and print service at the console
lpq — Views print queues (pending print jobs) at the console
lprm — Removes print jobs from the print queue via the command line
lpstat — Displays printer and server status
system-config-printer — Fedora's graphical printer configuration tool
- Creating and Configuring Local Printers
- Avoiding Printer Support Problems
- Для чего нужны папки Windows, Documents and Settings, Program Files и Temp?
- После переустановки Windows нет доступа к папке Мои документы или нельзя удалить оставшуюся от старой системы папку Docu...
- GUI-Based Printer Configuration Quick Start
- Runtime Server Configuration Settings
- Editing httpd.conf
- Network-Attached Printer Configuration and Printing
- Using USB and Legacy Printers
- Using nprint with the Line Printer Daemon
- CHAPTER 10: Administering network printers and print services
- Changing shared folder settings