Книга: Iptables Tutorial 1.2.2
This chapter has discussed how to get and how to install iptables and netfilter on some common platforms. In most modern Linux distributions iptables will come with the default installation, but sometimes it might be necessary to compile your own kernel and iptables binaries to get the absolutely latest updates. This chapter should have been a small help managing this.
The next chapter will discuss how tables and chains are traversed, and in what order this happens and so forth. This is very important to comprehend to be able to build your own working rulesets in the future. All the different tables will be discussed in some depth also since they are created for different purposes.
- Next attachment ID
- Chapter 5. Preparations
- Chapter 6. Traversing of tables and chains
- Chapter 7. The state machine
- Chapter 8. Saving and restoring large rule-sets
- Chapter 9. How a rule is built
- Chapter 10. Iptables matches
- Chapter 11. Iptables targets and jumps
- Chapter 12. Debugging your scripts
- Chapter 14. Example scripts
- Chapter 15. Graphical User Interfaces for Iptables
- Chapter 16. Commercial products based on Linux, iptables and netfilter