Книга: Iptables Tutorial 1.2.2
This chapter has brought you up to date to fully understand the subsequent chapters. The following has been gone through thoroughly:
• TCP/IP structure
• IP protocol functionality and headers.
• TCP protocol functionality and headers.
• UDP protocol functionality and headers.
• ICMP protocol functionality and headers.
• TCP/IP destination driven routing.
All of this will come in very handy later on when you start to work with the actual firewall rulesets. All of this information are pieces that fit together, and will lead to a better firewall design.
- Next attachment ID
- Chapter 5. Preparations
- Chapter 6. Traversing of tables and chains
- Chapter 7. The state machine
- Chapter 8. Saving and restoring large rule-sets
- Chapter 9. How a rule is built
- Chapter 10. Iptables matches
- Chapter 11. Iptables targets and jumps
- Chapter 12. Debugging your scripts
- Chapter 14. Example scripts
- Chapter 15. Graphical User Interfaces for Iptables
- Chapter 16. Commercial products based on Linux, iptables and netfilter