Книга: Iptables Tutorial 1.2.2
The information request and reply types are obsolete since there are protocols on top of the IP protocol that can now take care of this when necessary (DHCP, etc). The information request generates a reply from any answering host on the network that we are attached to.
The host that wishes to receive information creates a packet with the source address set to the network we are attached to (for example, 192.168.0.0), and the destination network set to 0. The reply will contain information about our numbers (netmask and ip address).
The information request is run through ICMP type 15 while the reply is sent via type 16.
- ICMP Echo Request
- Timestamp request
- Information request
- How Nameservers Store DNS Structure Information
- How DNS Provides Name Service Information to Users
- Letting DHCP requests through iptables
- На всех дисках моего компьютера есть папка System Volume Information. Для чего она нужна?
- Convection Currents of Information
- Common Configuration Information
- Configure User Information
- Display Information About Connected Users