Книга: Iptables Tutorial 1.2.2
While nmap is more of a low level scanner, showing open ports etcetera, the nessus program is an actual security scanner. Nmap tries to connect to different ports, and to find out at most, what kind of version the different servers are running. Nessus takes this a step further, by finding all open ports, finding out what is running on that specific port, what program and which version is running, and then testing for different security threats to that program, and finally creating a complete report of all the security threats that are available.
As you can understand, this is an extremely useful tool to find out more about your host. The program is built up in a server client way, so it should be fairly easy to find out more about your firewall from the outside by using an external nessus daemon, or internal for that matter. The client is a graphical user interface where you login to the nessus daemon, set your settings, and specify which host you would like to scan for vulnerabilities.
Caution Nessus should be used with some caution however, since it can crash a machine or a service that it is specified to attack. Those attacks that risk crashing a machine are per default turned off luckily.
- Other debugging tools
- Assessing Your Vulnerability
- Параметры для отдельных клиентов
- Пример сеанса взаимодействия по протоколу POP
- Пример сеанса взаимодействия по протоколу IMAP
- Горячие клавиши
- Дополнения САС
- Цикл while в Python:
- Эксперименты при разделенных больших полушариях мозга
- Глава 1 Творческая платформа и концепция рекламы
- Глава 2 Лучшие продавцы – паника и паранойя Почему страх поднимает продажи